Washington to Washington

My journey from Seattle, WA to Washington, DC. When we moved here we began to discover the differences from the west coast and the east coast--and I'm not talking about the music. It's a fun look at the differences and prespectives from one Washington to the other.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stop Signs are Optional


I hate to sound cliche, but DC HAS THE WORST DRIVERS! Yes, I'm sure that every state has their fair share of bad drivers... (and I know, I used to live in Albuquerque) but there are some drivers here that clearly have never taken a driving test or have any comprehension of the BASIC rules of the road.



My dear DC drivers, here are a few friendly reminders:

1. Green means GO, Yellow means CAUTION (not floor it), and RED means STOP!!

2. You can't make LEFT hand turns from the RIGHT lane.

3. You can't make RIGHT hand turns from the LEFT lane.

4. You can't block an intersection ... AT ANYTIME!
(This goes out to my M Street commuters)

5. You should not speed in parking lots or the wrong way down a one-way road.

6. You have to at least approach the speed limit on the freeway, pedal on the right folks, pedal on the right.

7. If you can't see over the steering wheel, you should probably reevaluate the necessity of your occupying the road with those of us who would like to LIVE.

8. You MUST use your BLINKERS ... I'm fairly certain these come standard on most cars, possibly with the exception of the Trabi...rock on, East Germany.

9. You can't double park, and I don't care about diplomatic immunity...!

10. And finally... You can't BACK-UP on the Freeway!
(Yes, I understand that you missed your exit, but... yeah... ah... no, you can't reverse on the Beltway)

And pedestrians, I'm not leaving you out. Just one thing...
Have any of you ever heard of the CROSSWALK??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home