Washington to Washington

My journey from Seattle, WA to Washington, DC. When we moved here we began to discover the differences from the west coast and the east coast--and I'm not talking about the music. It's a fun look at the differences and prespectives from one Washington to the other.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Wet T-shirt Contest



Yep. That was me. The girl walking to her car. In the pouring rain. Without an umbrella -- in WHITE. At least the rain was warm. However, the sandals I planned on returning to Nordstrom are ruined. Oh well.

There’s a saying in some circles in Seattle, “you know who the locals are by those who DON’T carry an umbrella.” Funny, I was never really a local, but still obeyed the local rules. Well, Dorothy you ain’t in Kansas no more! I will be carrying a bumbershoot from now on!

For those who don’t know, the rain in Seattle is really like a heavy mist. Don’t get me wrong it does rain, but nothing like it is now. I understand the term, raining like cats and dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home